Most businesses are Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), representing roughly 90% of companies and 50% of employment worldwide. Of course, this is also true for the European Union, with the SME representation reaching 99% of all European businesses. The importance of SMEs to the EU economy is evident. For this reason, there is a wide array of European Funding for small businesses opportunities that SMEs can utilize. But, to use that funding, businesses need to know where to look for these opportunities.
EU Funding for SMEs
There is a plethora of funding for all types of companies and any size. Whether someone is an entrepreneur, has a start-up, a micro company, an SME, or even large companies can find funding opportunities. However, due SMEs' contribution to the EU economy and employment and their vulnerability in times of crisis extra attention is given to SME funding. But what is the European funding for small businesses that companies can utilize?
- COSME Programme. It mainly provides loan guarantees up to €150.000 as well as equity during the growth and expansion stage of a company.
- InnvFin Programme (Horizon 2020). It provides loans and guarantees to innovative businesses and finances R&D projects and equity for their early and start-up phases. An important instrument is the EIC accelerator that offers funding and coaching to innovative SMEs.
- Creative Europe. Another significant financing to SMEs in the cultural and creative sector.
- Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI). EaSI provides up to €25.000 microloans to micro-enterprises or vulnerable persons who wish to create a micro-business. It can also invest up to €500.000 in social enterprises.
- European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI funds). It contributes with loans, guarantees, equity, and business grants from multi-annual programmes co-financed by the EU.
- European Investment Bank and European Investment Fund provide venture capital, business loans, microfinancing, and guarantees.
EU funding Portal
There are many types of European funding for small businesses that companies can choose from according to their needs and vision for the future. However, searching for funding and deciding what fits best your organization’s purpose can be burdensome. In other cases, you need to find suitable partners to form a consortium and have access to specific calls and funding.
For this reason, the smart platform of EUcalls is the best directory for access to European funding for small businesses. Not only do our EUcalls experts gather all the latest EU funding opportunities and updates, but you can also find the best partners for your project needs. You can also network with some of the most reliable EU Project partners and form a winning consortium.
Sign up today to not miss out on the opportunity to have consolidated access to hundreds of European Calls and thousands of experienced EU partners to network.